Would you like to build a product that handles £4bn in transactions per year? Are you an experienced Software Engineer who wants to help build the future of the cloud-based dynamic pricing system for Premier Inn hotel rooms? Would you like to work in a collaborative team who genuinely make a difference to millions of customers a year?
As a software engineer you will deliver incremental slices of value to commercial and data science teams, which enable the optimisation of room prices against demand. Sounds interesting, right?!
- Design, development and delivery of solutions on Microsoft Azure based architectures.
- Working within a combined onshore/offshore (India) development and test team working under an agile SCRUM based model.
- Developing prototypes and demonstrations to support the sales process.
- Playing a key role in client project delivery to help see client engagements through to a commercially successful conclusion.
- Working within blended teams of colleagues, client and partner resources to help share knowledge and develop an integrated delivery ethic.
- Working with the managed service team to support the transition process from delivery team to ongoing support of a production system.
- Producing technical documentation.
We are looking for the following experience profile:
.Net - Application development c# (7+) .Net Core/.Net (5+)
Microservices, Unit Testing.
- Experience using both NoSQL and Relational data stores to provide a highly scalable transactional data storage layer.
- Good understanding of application life cycle management ideally using Team Foundation Services or Visual Studio Online / Jira.
- Business facing skills and a proven consultative approach.
- Business analysis skills and experience of delivering discovery sessions with clients.
- Proven ability to successfully deliver projects, within a development team using both Agile (SCRUM) and Waterfall based management techniques.
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 749774-1629
Advertised: 02 Feb 2023