Role: IT Software Procurement Manager
Employment Type: Perm, Full Time
Location: Dunstable, Bedfordshire
Salary: Competitive salary plus bonus % and other benefits.
We have an exciting opportunity for Procurement Manager IS to join our Procurement Function, based here at Support Centre in Dunstable.
You will be reasonable and accountable for the sourcing of IS services for PI &R and Whitbread Group requirements, total annual IS BAU spend c£30m p.a., plus project spend of c£10m p.a. particularly in software category and digital domain. Working with stakeholders to create and implement strategies and to identify suppliers to deliver against specific objectives. Managing cost, build a category plan, quality and performance across the supply base and working with stakeholders
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide. Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 750 hotels and over 70,000 rooms across the UK, Germany and the Middle East. We are also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater, Brewers Fayre and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. We have exciting plans to deliver our strategy that innovates and grows our core UK and international business, always keeping our customers at the heart of what we do.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the application of best practice procurement across the breadth & depth of the category including provision of market insight,
- Development of category strategies & associated sourcing plans, tendering, negotiation and supplier management.
- Maintenance of a rolling 12 month sourcing plan for IS covering planned stakeholder initiatives, Procurement initiatives, contract renewals etc
- Development of documented (3 year) category strategy plans in collaboration with senior stakeholders.
- Tender evaluation including commercial analysis, product/service evaluation, vendor capability evaluation etc.
- Negotiation to maximise savings and/or optimise price / quality / service / risk / SLAs & KPIs.
- Identification of key suppliers across the category and establishment of appropriate supplier management activities to oversee supplier performance against SLA / KPI’s and provide a forum for ongoing supplier development and improvement.
- Lead regular supplier review meetings including Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers.
- Develop and manages contracts with suppliers to meet key performance indicators and agreed targets, taking account of information security of third parties. Is responsible for the liaison between the organisation and designated supplier(s).
- Develop strong personal relationships with appropriate stakeholders and senior Executives across the business.
- Proactive management role within team ensuring that individual work plans & priorities are aligned at all times with the overall objectives & priorities of the department
- Deliver outstanding customer service to key stakeholder
What we are looking for:
- Strong Procurement experience and knowledge managing IT services categories
- Experienced in a broad range of sourcing strategies to underpin the IT category
- Previous experience of strategy development and implementation
- CIPS qualified (beneficial although not essential)
- Outstanding communication and able to influence at a senior level
- Strong Relationship management both with internal customers, stakeholders & suppliers
- Procurement execution including business requirements and market analysis, tender negotiation and contract award
- Managerial or leadership experience highly beneficial
In return we will offer:
- A market competitive base salary
- Up to 30% annual bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Free parking across our Head Office campus
- Subsidised restaurant / canteen
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- 25 days annual leave + bank holiday
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 744332-1629
Advertised: 20 Jan 2022