Hotel Systems Technical Specialist
Hotel Systems Technical Specialist | Dunstable/Hybrid Working | Permanent
The Hotel Systems Technical Specialist manages the technology platform supporting key areas of our business, coordinating the development and support backlogs to support the overall business roadmap for our hotel systems.
Blending analytical acumen, technical expertise, strong stakeholder management and people skills, the role seeks to work with the Platform and Architecture teams to create a strong and stable platform to help drive engaging and high performing experiences for our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Achieve a high level of performance and quality across the hotel technology platforms, ensuring production stability and availability to support the business objectives.
- Support the delivery process, as the hotel technology subject matter expert (in particular for Opera) and ensuring that there is a balance between the demands of innovation and delivery, as well as performance and production stability across the development program and wider roadmap.
- Work with key stakeholders across our business and Whitbread technology to develop and maintain the Platform, focusing across the whole product lifecycle, and including day-to-day operation.
- Review the performance of the platform in production, and work with architecture and engineering to drive performance improvement plans, compliance activity and ensure overall platform resilience.
- Work with suppliers (in particular Oracle) to understand the core configuration, changes to the platform from their roadmap, and to understand and promote how the platform can be used more effectively across out business.
- Manage and make visible the product backlog, or the prioritized list of requirements for future product development.
- Work with the Business Owners and Architecture Team, refine the Product strategies and features, based on user insight, market opportunities and business need.
- Own, create and maintain development backlogs, supporting the Business Owners and Technology teams in setting prioritization, maximizing value as quickly as possible, as well as understanding any delivery dependencies.
What you’ll need:
- Experience of developing technology platforms, including technical architecture, estimation, planning, non-functional requirements, and Continuous Improvement activities using modern agile techniques.
- Experience in testing, assessment and approval of upgrades of PMS systems into multi-property environments.
- Previously demonstrated experience in implementing or maintaining central hotel technology based systems.
- Understanding the principles of product management.
- Understanding of Opera (5.x or Cloud) or equivalent PMS.
- Understanding of Hotel Operations.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
16 May 2022