Operating Model Development Lead
Operating Model Development Lead | Dunstable | Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operating Model Development Lead where you will be responsible for undertaking the analysis & design and delivery of elements of Whitbread’s Operating Model (OM), through key OM initiatives across all business areas and geographies.
About the role:
This role will help facilitate the Business to decisions resulting in stronger, simpler and less costly ways of working, and driving significant productivity and efficiency benefits into the P&L.
The Operating Model Development Lead will therefore work closely with Functional Directors/ Heads of and their teams who need to:
- Make changes to the current operating model and ways of working to drive efficiencies and productivity improvements (often enabled by technology);
- Define and clarify organisational accountabilities and responsibilities;
- Undertake an organisational review.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensures there is stakeholder alignment on the business objectives and target outcomes required
- Identifies and understands the issues and pain-points of the As-Is operating model and ways of working
- Analyses existing organisational capabilities and gaps (across processes, people, technology) as contributing factors to current operating model challenges
- Identifies future capability requirements, aligning to business strategy
- Defines the principles to guide the design of more efficient and effective business processes and ways of working
- Maps out the business transformation journey/ roadmap to get to the future capability state
- Defines efficient and effective ways of working that drive productivity in the organisation, which includes mapping the To-Be business processes and clarifying accountabilities (RACIs) to the required level of detail
- Produces the necessary supporting business process artefacts and tools (incl. SOPs)
- May support the definition of To-Be organisational models, roles, accountabilities and structures (Organisation Design – OD)
- Agrees the change delivery approach for testing and implementing new business processes and accountabilities
- Develops and delivers the change and communications plans – (and ensures these are integrated with any wider/ associated changes e.g. Technology)
- Delivers the business process and RACI changes
What you’ll need:
- Understanding of elements of operating model (OM) analysis and design approaches, methods and tools; e.g. business strategy analysis, issue analysis, business capability analysis, business process analysis & design, RACI analysis and design
- Understanding of business change approaches, methods and tools
- Understanding of project management methods and tools
- Understanding of Business Model components (target customers, propositions, channels) and how these components can shape the operating model
- Previous exposure to operating model development and business change projects, working in a Change function or Consulting organisation
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.