We are looking for a driven, creative and outgoing Project Manager to join the team with experience of delivering projects on time, every time within IT/Systems environment.
Project Manager | Permanent | Dunstable
The core purpose of the role is to project manage the delivery of new IT-enabled business capabilities in line with the Whitbread strategic objectives. This includes all aspects of project management; Project Planning, Resource Management, Financial Management, Risk Management, Communication, Supplier Management, Investment Planning, Governance & Compliance, Change Control and Solution Delivery.
The role has a specific focus:
- Successfully deliver multiple projects to agreed schedule, budget and scope in line with the agreed business plan and IT roadmap
- Assist in the planning of future IT initiatives to support the business plan
- Day to day engagement with multi-stakeholder group, including senior stakeholders, IT & business team colleagues, external IT suppliers to ensure all parties are fully aware of project timelines, expectations and status.
- Ensure compliance with IT and business governance standards
What you’ll be doing:
- Overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of IT projects
- Setting realistic and practical goals for the project
- Evaluate progress of the project on a frequent basis and make timely interventions as needed to drive down project risk
- Manage third-party supplier project deliverables to time, cost and quality.
- Take responsibility at project level for all dimensions of the project: delivery, governance, reporting, risk & issues, financial/budget management, resourcing and communication
- Manage the transition from project delivery into managed support arrangements
- Manage, direct and motivate key IT project resources (business analyst, test) and other key resources across the technology function in a matrix style organisational structure
- Maintain project quality by establishing and enforcing organisational standards
- Manage financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing project budgets, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Support preparation of project investment cases
- Responsible for alignment of IT solution with business objectives.
What you’ll need:
- Experience of managing multiple IT projects, including budgets up to £500k
- Demonstrable experience of delivering business IT solutions into operational use
- Proven experience of directing and motivating project teams
- Experience in working in both Agile & Waterfall environments
- Conflict management skills.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Collaborative approach to stakeholder management
- Ability to manage a project end-to-end, assign and manage work activities, meet deadlines and develop project management reporting in a timely and effective manner.
- Good problem-solving skills and good organisational skills
- Self-drive – responds to challenging priorities with a sense of urgency and pace
- Project planning, budget planning and resource management
- Third party management
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.