PMO Manager | Dunstable | Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a PMO Manager to join our technology team. Are you an expert planner? Are you able to influence stakeholders at all levels? Are you an advocate of governance and reporting? If so, this role is for you!
What continues to set us apart are our excellent products and people. In Premier Inn, we have the UK’s favourite budget hotel chain, currently outperforming the market and ambitious for more as we execute our plans in both the UK and Germany. We have much loved brands such as Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Bar + Block alongside exciting up and coming propositions such as Cookhouse & Pub.
We remain true to our values and put our people at the centre of everything we do. Throughout this crisis we a proud to have supported our nations Key Workers by providing accommodation throughout the pandemic.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee key governance gates, providing challenge as to whether the proposals are realistic and meet business objectives, and where costs and delivery dates would render projects not viable to proceed
- Provide challenge and assurance around the project & programme priorities and delivery dates with the Delivery Manager
- Support Delivery Managers in timely and accurate programme dashboard reporting, covering aspects (Budget, Timelines and Quality) of scope, outcomes and performance against agreed critical success factors, KPIs and benefits.
- Drive continuous efficiencies across the delivery lifecycle
- Oversee that the financial forecasting activities with the Project Managers & Delivery Managers adhere to Whitbread standards
- Ensure project & programme governance meetings are established and performing to agreed standards
- Monitor & review issues and risks across projects & programmes, and ensure the correct application of escalation criteria when needed
- Ensure application of planning best practice
- Assure & participate where needed in on-going management of project & programme plans through regular planning meetings / workshops across programmes
- Assure critical path and milestone monitoring in order to highlight issues / impacts of slippage to plan
- Monitor cross project/programme/portfolio dependencies
- Conduct health checks when commissioned to
- Promotes process compliance, standardisation and continuous improvement across the organisation
- Ensures that the core processes meet the needs of the stakeholders and proactively provides input to the PMO Frameworks and processes in response to project & programme needs
What you’ll need:
- Deep project background with more than 5 years programme and project management
- Demonstrable experience of PMO management of multiple large technology integration projects from concept through to operational use
- Strong understanding of the underlying business processes required to trade, operate and support a Hotel business or equivalent business
- Proven experience of directing and motivating project teams
- Relationship Management – ability to build, establish and maintain all stakeholder relationships
- Proficient in using MS Office and Project Management tools
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.