Senior DevOps Engineer | Permanent | Holborn
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer within our digital hub in London. Can you optimise a Kubernetes based MicroServices platform? Would you like to lead the re-architecture of an AWS platform that runs a £2 billion website? Have you managed the transformation of legacy systems to work within containers? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
We are proud of our tech stack. Our engineers get the opportunity to work with AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Terraform, AppDynamics, and Grafana. That being said, we are always looking for new technologies that will enhance the products we build for our customers and our engineers play a big part in suggesting and shaping our technology choices.
What continues to set us apart are our excellent products and people. In Premier Inn, we have the UK’s favourite budget hotel chain, currently outperforming the market and ambitious for more as we execute our plans in both the UK and Germany. We have much loved brands such as Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Bar + Block alongside exciting up and coming propositions such as Cookhouse & Pub.
We remain true to our values and put our people at the centre of everything we do. Throughout this crisis we a proud to have supported our nations Key Workers by providing accommodation throughout the pandemic.
What you will be doing to contribute:
- Implementing automation with open source technology to deliver immutable infrastructure and consistent environments.
- Helping to define and maintain a continuous integration and continuous delivery framework.
- Operational support and engineering for large distributed software applications.
- Improving all aspects of software reliability, release management and integration testing.
- Define a monitoring strategy that allows the gathering and analysing of metrics from both infrastructure and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
- Integration of Whitbread systems with external applications and dependencies.
- Analysis of current capacity and future growth to feed into Whitbread Infrastructure capacity planning.
- Provides occasional out of hours support for major incidents requiring 2nd / 3rd level analysis.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and techniques in the environment management realm and actively promotes improvements to our tools and processes.
- A DevOps mindset with a willingness to share knowledge and able to influence others.
- You are passionate about continuously growing your skills and making a difference.
- You will bring ideas, challenge and offer solutions to the team.
- Produce high-quality, clean and performant code.
- Product mindset and passion about building for internal stakeholders and external customer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with team members.
Required skills and experience:
- Strong experience of designing and implementing AWS production systems.
- Experienced in building and deploying integrated systems using 'infrastructure as code' techniques using Terraform
- Strong track-record of working with DevOps/SecOps deployment, automation, orchestration and monitoring, using Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, AppDynamics.
- Experience of implementing resilient, highly scalable and highly available enterprise systems using MicroServices architecture.
- Working knowledge of Agile processes and tools required to promote this methodology.
- Ability to work with development teams to diagnose incidents and problems.
- Keeps up to date on the latest industry trends and openly shares thoughts on standards / tools / technologies / trends for environments management.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.