Cloud Platform Engineer (Azure & Office 365)
Cloud Platform Engineer | Dunstable | Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cloud Platform Engineer within our Support Centre in Dunstable. Looking for the opportunity to manage the whole Azure and Office 365 product suite? Would you like the chance to be involved with bleeding-edge technologies? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
What continues to set us apart are our excellent products and people. In Premier Inn, we have the UK’s favourite budget hotel chain, currently outperforming the market and ambitious for more as we execute our plans in both the UK and Germany. We have much loved brands such as Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Bar + Block alongside exciting up and coming propositions such as Cookhouse & Pub.
We remain true to our values and put our people at the centre of everything we do. Throughout this crisis we a proud to have supported our nations Key Workers by providing accommodation throughout the pandemic.
About the role:
With the expansion of Premier Inn & Restaurants in the domestic and International markets, and the increased consumption of SaaS and a shift in moving traditional Infrastructure to the cloud. Whitbread are looking to grow an in-house Platform Services function to support our traditional datacentres and Azure/AWS services.
With a recent move to Office 365 and a planned move into Azure, the Platform Services Team now requires a dedicated Azure & O365 SME to manage and maintain the underlying Cloud/O365 platform and ensure that we drive adoption of both current and future Azure & O365 features throughout the business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be the Azure SME, deploying required Infrastructure into Azure. Feed into the cloud governance model and help shape and define how we deploy Infrastructure into our cloud platform.
- Be the Office 365 SME, providing support and advice for the full suite of O365 applications, including PowerBI, SharePoint and Stream
- Manage the digital champions network, ensuring we drive adoption throughout the business, promoting collaborative and new ways of working
- Interface with the business, building strong relationships to ensure that translate business requirements into technical solutions that align to the Azure & O365 roadmap
- Manage the O365 roadmap, ensuring that new features and changes are communicated and deployed where required
- Azure / O365 license management
- Management of InTune
- Ensure our cloud platforms are maintained and monitored, remains complaint and adheres to our security policies and standards
- Ongoing administration of Exchange Online and AAD
- Maintain the Platform Services ticket queues, ensuring that SLA’s are met in accordance with the Incident, Major Incident and Problem Management processes
- Work with third party Vendors to ensure that they continue to provide a consistent level of service and are performing to KPI’s. Hold regular service reviews to management performance and ensure that we drive value out of the service
- Ensure that all platforms remain performant in line with business requirements and have enough capacity to deliver the underlying service now and for the future
- Perform adequate DR and Failover tests in line with the business RPO and RTO
- Facilitate the delivery of project work according to business need
- Highlight opportunities to improve/evolve technology platforms to the benefit of the business
What you’ll need:
- Proven track record of delivery within a fast paced, energised and customer centric organisation
- 5+ years of IT Infrastructure experience, including management of cloud platforms
- Translating features in the Azure / O365 roadmap into workable business solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of :
- Active Directory / AAD
- O365 directory syncing
- Microsoft Azure
- Exchange Online administration, including meeting room management, O365 groups
- Managing Azure & Office 365 licensing, following license management best practices
- Experience with integrating solutions within Office 365 (Video Conferencing etc)
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.