Security Specialist | Holborn | Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Security Specialist at our digital office in Holborn. Do you have experience of delivering information security projects within eCommerce and mCommerce? Would you like to work on a website that handles nearly £2billion in transactions per year? Would you like to work for a manager that gives you support and trusts you to deliver “the right thing” for our customers?
What continues to set us apart are our excellent products and people. In Premier Inn, we have the UK’s favourite budget hotel chain, currently outperforming the market and ambitious for more as we execute our plans in both the UK and Germany. We have much loved brands such as Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Bar + Block alongside exciting up and coming propositions such as Cookhouse & Pub.
We remain true to our values and put our people at the centre of everything we do. Throughout this crisis we a proud to have supported our nations Key Workers by providing accommodation throughout the pandemic.
About the role:
- Work alongside Security colleagues, to ensure Information Security delivers the highest standards of quality when advising on appropriate controls and procedures aimed at Protecting and Safeguarding information assets.
- Perform network and application analysis to identify potential security threats, collaborating with technical and Security Operations teams to determine if an incident qualifies as a legitimate security breach and support resolution activities. Completing network incident investigations, determining the cause of the security incident and preserving evidence for potential legal action.
- Recognise and raise Risks to Information and Technology Systems, ensuring risks are captured and understood allowing for effective remedial action planning.
- Lead on your own and support the team in the delivery of Security initiatives and innovation, across all business areas.
- Lead and support reviews of business-driven initiates ensuring information Security polices and controls are applied and tested where appropriate, to minimise risk and provide assurance.
- Advise on Compliance controls and guidance to achieve certification, including, but not limited to, PCI DSS and industry best practice frameworks.
- Effectively communicate with all levels face to face, managing their expectations, developing and maintaining their confidence in both you, your team and the overall Security function.
- Develop local training to ensure that the objectives of raising awareness, changing behaviour are met. Ensure that training content is reviewed and updated regularly as necessary.
- Push the boundaries of what we believe good looks like through leading initiatives, driving improvements across people, processes and systems.
What you’ll need to bring:
- Experience with large retail organisation including eCommerce and mCommerce ideally with international experience.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and project management techniques, applying Information Security principals as appropriate.
- Experience of working within an ISMS, GDPR, PCI DSS, ISO27001 control environment or similar.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.