Role: HR Policy Manager
Location: Whitbread Court
Employment Type: Permanent
As part of HR Function, the HR Policy Manager will lead the development and implementation of HR Policies across the Whitbread business, ensuring that policies adhere to legislation and corporate governance. You will also shape and establish appropriate communication channels for Employee Relations, ensuring clear and accessible policy information at all levels.
What you will be doing:
- Establish a policy framework for governance and updating of core Whitbread policies which are both UK & International
- Assess the effectiveness of people policies and employment documents
- Maintain a strong external view of Employee Relations and Engagement through research and networking, with the aim to provide thought leadership needed to guide the organisation to effective solutions.
- Lead the development and implementation of HR policies, including HR policy whilst reflecting Whitbread values and supporting our business goals
- Partner with key stakeholders and third parties as appropriate who provide services critical to HR
- To develop, maintain and communicate key policies, which demonstrate a practical understanding of how all people management practices work within the organisation.
- Ensure that all policy developments are delivered on time
- Create an overall policy framework and give a general direction which can implement in each of our HR disciplines
- Work with and support the Head of HR for Central Functions as well as the HR Leadership team
Id love you to apply:
- A strong background within HR & ER, with an application of UK Employment Law
- Solid understanding and awareness of HR policies and procedures
- Outstanding communication, reporting and writing skills with the ability to turn complex topics and simplify for the relevant audience
- Ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders as well as providing advice on Employment Relation issues
- Experience in managing key ER and HR change related projects
- Effectively challenge individuals and understand their impacts
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage multi projects
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
27 Nov 2020