iOS Developer | Permanent | Holborn
We have an exciting opportunity for an iOS Developer within our digital hub in London. Can you take code quality to new heights? Harness the full potential of our current technologies, while finding new and better ways of developing our products? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
We are proud of our tech stack, our engineers the opportunity to work with Java, Kotlin, Swift, AEM, Kubernetes, AWS, React, Cypress, Docker, Jenkins. That being said, we are always looking for new technologies that will enhance the products we build for our customers and our engineers play a big part in suggesting and shaping our technology choices.
What continues to set us apart are our excellent products and people. In Premier Inn, we have the UK’s favourite budget hotel chain, currently outperforming the market and ambitious for more as we execute our plans in both the UK and Germany. We have much loved brands such as Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Bar + Block alongside exciting up and coming propositions such as Cookhouse & Pub.
We remain true to our values and put our people at the centre of everything we do. Throughout this crisis we a proud to have supported our nations Key Workers by providing accommodation throughout the pandemic.
What you will be doing to contribute
- Work within an agile team to deliver across the entire product life cycle – concept, design, build (code), deploy, test, release, and maintain/support great products in a Dev-ops environment.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and team to deliver robust, secure, scalable, tested, and documented capabilities.
- Fully participate in the relevant scrum events; planning and estimation, daily scrums, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Drive test driven development, team standards and best practices e.g. code quality, improving the code base, agile ways of working, technical debt control.
- Delivering value to our business and our customers by using technology to solve business problems with creativity & innovation.
- You are a passionate developer who loves clean coding but also getting their hands dirty.
- You are passionate about continuously growing your skills and making a difference.
- You will bring ideas, challenge and offer solutions to the team.
- Practice TDD and follow best practices.
- Produce high-quality, clean and performant code.
- Product mindset and passion about building for internal stakeholders and external customer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with team members.
Required skills and experience
- Native iOS development: Swift or Objective-C
- Experience with iOS frameworks including Core Data or Core Animation
- Agile development: design patterns, OOD, emergent architecture, tools like JIRA/ Confluence, TDD
- Continuous integration and deployment: Bitrise, Jenkins, Git
- Web services, MicroServices, REST APIs, JSON, SOAP, XML/RPC
- Willingness to collaborate to develop solutions with others in a continuous and iterative delivery cycle
- Ability to cope in ambiguity and forge your own path in lockstep with your team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.