Role: HR Advisor
Location: Whitbread Court. Flexible working available
Employment Type: Permanent, Full time
We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Advisor based within our HR function based here at Whitbread. Reporting into the Head of HR for Central function you will be responsible for providing proactive, generalist HR knowledge to a range of functions at support centre, including Procurement & Supply Chain, Property, IT & Technology. You will also work collaboratively and provide support to the HRBP’s dedicated to our central functions on an ad hoc basis.
What you will be doing:
- Business partnering line managers to proactively support the people agenda
- Support and drive successful implementation of key cyclical HR activities; Calibration, your say, Mid & End of Year Reviews etc and monitoring headcount tracking within business teams
- Supporting project work to successful conclusions
- Providing highly trusted advice through effective business partnerships having achieved a deep understanding of the business and using relevant data / information to support arguments and influence change
- Providing coaching support and challenge to managers to deliver a people plan in line with the overall business objectives and vision
- Influencing best practice HR principles and standards that are aligned to organisational values
- Acting as a role model for our values
- Support managers, with generalist HR advice e.g. policy, HR systems, process, induction and development options.
- Support Line Managers to become self-sufficient in terms of all people processes through coaching to improve their understanding and capability.
- Work collaboratively and provide support to the HRBP’s as well as the Resourcing Partner
Why we’d love you to apply:
- Good HR experience within either a HR Generalist advisory role or Talent, Employee Relations
- Strong communications skills with the ability to engage and influence key stakeholders at a variety of levels
- Experience of managing stakeholders within a large organisation or Head Office environment
- Brilliant understanding of HR routines such as performance management, talent & succession planning and learning and development
- Self-motivated to make a difference and ensure the best outcomes
- Experience of working effectively within an ambiguous environment
- Able to challenge and questions the status quo effectively
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while being able to multi task and prioritise
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.