Come join our Decision Science Team and support decsion making and BI capabilities.
Role: Data Platform Analyst
Function: Decision Science
As part of our Decision Science team the Data Platform Analyst will support decision-making and BI capabilities by ensuring accurate, robust and auditable data processes are in place through quality management dashboards and through business representation on data platform / system development.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide. We have been recognised as a ‘Top Employer’ by the Top Employers Institute for the last 10 years.
Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 850 hotels - which is over 80,000 bedrooms - across the UK, Germany and the Middle East (with a committed pipeline of over 20,000 more). We’re also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. With exciting plans to innovate and grow our core UK and international business, we always keep our customers at the heart of what we do. There has never been a more exciting time to join Whitbread!
What you will be doing:
- Maintain and manage high quality data structures and support provision, consistency and quality of data.
- Active communication and engagement on data quality with both technical and commercial/functional stakeholders
- Represent system and data development change with technical teams as business owner
- Governance of published, productionised reporting and data extract environments
- Act as the conduit between functional business change and the evolving requirements of BI systems
- Monitor completeness, timeliness and accuracy of key datasets within the Data Platform and own the issue escalation process with internal and external service desks when quality thresholds are not met
- Develop a series of comprehensive ‘data quality’ metrics and dashboards through Tableau / PowerBI to allow automated monitoring and alerting of daily/intraday data feeds
- Contribute to an IT development backlog and deliver robust UAT alongside 3rd party providers to deliver new datasets and enhancement to existing data and systems. Prioritise change through business benefit and post-completion review
- Development of governance processes to ensure the efficiency, relevancy and security of BI platforms such as Tableau server, PowerBI premium node, development sandpits and that content meets agreed visual/technical standards
Why we’d love you to apply:
- Strong understanding of data quality measures and UAT techniques
- Strong interpretation of what makes a data source ‘quality’
- Good understanding of data structures and systems used to deliver BI
- Strong SQL development and database skills
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Strong communications skills with ability to translate complex requirements between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent organisational, planning and attention to detail skills
- Track record in delivering successful data systems change through quality control and robust testing processes
- Advanced analytical skills & strong/intermediate Tableau and/or PowerBI skills
- Development within other programming languages, such as R and python
In return, we will offer you:
- A market competitive base salary
- Up to 10% annual bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Free parking across our Head Office campus
- Subsidised restaurant
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
10 Nov 2020