Trading Analyst opportunity working with our Pricing Events team and Commercial Leads to provide insight to maximise revenue and occupancy
Role: Trading Analyst
Location: Core base is Holborn however substantial flexibility is on offer
As part of the commercial team looking after Trading across the Whitbread estate, this role reports in to the Trading Analytics Manager and offers a chance to help deliver insights into the trading performance of the business through rigorous analysis and measurement.
Working closely with the Pricing & Events Team and the Commercial Leads, the Trading Analyst provides rigorous analysis and insight, to validate our agreed trading strategies and tactics, support effective decision making and maximise revenue and occupancy. Leveraging all available sources of trading data and MI, the TA will ensure trading tactics are executed effectively, whilst working with the Pricing & Events team, to maximise revenue and occupancy performance of key events and instances of exceptional demand.
What you will be doing:
- Implementation, measurement and optimisation of agreed Trading strategies and tactics across a broad area of the UK estate, to ensure rigorous delivery of performance at a site night level.
- Supporting the Trading Analytics Manager to communicate key trading insights through performance reviews, in-line with the business cycle process and aligned to commercial plans defined by Commercial Leads.
- Utilise all available MI to identify risks, issues and opportunities to improve revenue delivery, then work with the Commercial Leads to formulate and implement appropriate changes to our trading tactics, to maximise performance.
- Work alongside the Pricing and Events Team, ensure revenue and occupancy maximisation of key events and instances of exceptional demand, as identified by Demand MI, Commercial Leads, Operations.
- Support the Trading Analytics Manager in small and step change development of trading tactics, reporting and KPIs.
- Provide effective insight and robust challenge, to drive improvements in the efficacy of our trading strategies, influencing both the Trading Analytics Manager and Commercial Leads
- Be responsible for leveraging the existing Business Intelligence tools, to maximise revenue and occupancy delivery at a site night level and for key events
Why we’d love you to apply;
- Curious, detail focussed, with an ability to interpret data, identify trends and turn insight in to action plans.
- Highly analytical in their thinking and approach, the TA must be able to draw on their ability to identify trends and patterns in trading performance data, turning this in to insight and formulating action plans.
- Proficient with proven analytical capability combined with strong interpersonal skills, the TA will deliver and communicate complex performance insights to multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly numerate.
- Advanced Excel and Tableau data manipulation skills, with good presentation capability.
- The TA must be able to balance the demands of immediate trading performance and longer-term strategic objectives as defined by the TAM and Commercial Leads. Short-term trading performance will necessitate an ability to assimilate information and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- A good understanding of the principles of dynamic pricing and perishable inventory management are desirable.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide. We have been recognised as a ‘Top Employer’ by the Top Employers Institute for the last 10 years.
Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 850 hotels - which is over 80,000 bedrooms - across the UK, Germany and the Middle East (with a committed pipeline of over 20,000 more). We’re also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. With exciting plans to innovate and grow our core UK and international business, we always keep our customers at the heart of what we do. There has never been a more exciting time to join Whitbread!
In return, we will offer you:
- A market competitive base salary
- Up to 10% annual bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
03 Nov 2020