Role: Commercial Director - Germany Premier Inn
Location: Germany & UK – Must be flexible to travel to both however flexible working in Europe is available
Role: Commercial Director - Germany
Location: Germany & UK – Must be flexible to travel to both however, flexible working for European candidates is available
Essential Requirement: German both speaking & writing
We have an exciting and unique opportunity Commercial Director here at Whitbread. As the Commercial Director you will play a critical role for Premier Inn Germany, delivering revenue performance, marketing and brand agenda, B2B sales agenda as well as working closely with the German Executive Team.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with employees worldwide. Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 750 hotels and over 70,000 rooms across the UK, Germany and the Middle East. We are also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater, Brewers Fayre and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. We have exciting plans to deliver our strategy that innovates and grows our core UK and international business, always keeping our customers at the heart of what we do.
What you will be doing:
- Deliver the revenue performance for Premier Inn Germany
- Deliver the marketing and brand agenda in Germany in accordance with global brand and product guidelines
- Deliver the B2B sales agenda in Germany in line with performance targets
- Work with the Germany Executive team and Global Marketing and Commercial teams to define the future marketing and commercial vision for Germany
- Lead delivery of annual revenue targets in Germany
- Articulate the German growth strategy for next five years and update on an annual basis.
- Specify the trading strategy by quarter to deliver target revenue outcomes. Explicitly link trading strategy to functional plans in Germany.
- Oversee the management of the pricing system and deployment of the trading strategy into the pricing model and framework.
- Work with UK team to determine paid search campaigns, monitor performance and iterate activity as required.
- Lead development of brand and communications campaigns in Germany, including all media buying and management of marketing spend vs budget. Lead development of hotel product, working with core Global teams in marketing and procurement.
- Manage the performance of the core German digital assets. Identify opportunities to improve performance and liaise with UK development teams to execute change.
- Develop Germany dealing frameworks and sales approach. Manage sales teams to ensure both robust pipeline management and conversion of new accounts, but also ongoing revenue delivery of existing accounts.
- Drive performance of German contact centre, including delivery of revenue targets and core call performance statistics.
- Develop distribution strategy and associated commercial models. Manage channel performance to contribute to net sales targets.
- Work with global partners to develop shared vision of the customer and commercial agenda in Germany and associated technology roadmap and development backlogs.
- Create empowered teams and enable them to perform at their best. Develop team members and have clear succession plan and development pipeline.
What we are looking for:
- Fluent in German
- Experience of leading successful teams
- Experience of identifying and managing change
- Highly analytical and numerate
- Knowledge and understanding of perishable inventory retailing
- Online retail dynamics and KPIs
- Paid search marketing models and associated dynamics
- Experienced in an agile/ digital environment
- Ability to think strategically from first principles
- Experience trading in a digital/ perishable inventory/ retail environment
- Ability to influence in a matrix environment
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.