Development Backlog Manager
Development Backlog Manager | Permanent | Holborn
We have an exciting opportunity for a Development Backlog Manager within our digital hub in London. Can you understand business outcomes and translate that into a prioritised set of requirements for our delivery teams? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Premier Inn and Beefeater. By the end of 2020, our goal is to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
We are proud of our tech stack, so you’ll be prioritising business outcomes into requirements for our software engineering team who build products and services using AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Jenkins, Java, Spring, AEM, Android (Kotlin), iOS (Swift), ReactJS, Angular JS, Cypress.
How you will contribute:
This role will manage the development backlog for one or more commercial systems on behalf of the business stakeholders; leading initiatives to develop new features and optimising existing ones. Blending analytical acumen, technical expertise, strong stakeholder management and people leadership skills to create incredible, high performing experiences.
The goals are to:
- Achieve a high level of outcome driven performance and quality
- Deliver agile initiatives that provide exceptional business value to users
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with your Product Owners to influence and shape Whitbread business requirements, working closely with SMEs and business stakeholders to ensure a clear understanding of requirements and that these are managed within your wider product roadmap
- Simultaneously manage business needs, customer needs as well as technology enhancements and market leading innovation
- Ensure your squads and tribe (Product, Design and Development) are working effectively and take a pro-active solution-based approach to resolving any challenges
- Work with Technical Architects and Developers to plan major new features and deliveries
- Act as a role model; demonstrating pro-activity, creating positive ways of working, fostering a culture of collaboration, data led delivery, solving problems, strategic thinking, working at pace, clear communication and accountability for performance
Skills and Experience required:
- As a major eCommerce site, you understand our customers’ needs and maximize customer/business value using insight and analytics such as Adobe analytics, session-based insight and VoC feedback, driving further user discovery where needed to ensure data led decision-making.
- Demonstrable experience of successful feature development and conversion / value optimization on high volume, high profile transactional or eCommerce websites
- Experience of A|B and MVT testing, measuring performance and working closely with Digital Analytics partners to execute (you don’t need to set up tests, but need to have experience of a test and learn approach)
- Experience developing digital product roadmaps
- Experience of leading user story writing workshops
- Experience partnering, influencing and managing senior business stakeholders in a medium/large, high profile company
- Experience of creating and using insight and analytics to drive product development
- Experience of leading cross-functional agile teams (product, design and development) to deliver successful products and features
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.