SEO Manager | Holborn | Permanent
A key role in the commercial marketing team, the SEO Manager lives and breathes the strategies and tactics that surround organic acquisitions.
Premier Inn is the market-leading budget hotel chain in the UK, with an on-going expansion into the German market. Plus Whitbread has a number of well-known restaurant brands throughout the UK. With such a large number of locations (850+ hotels & 400+ restaurants) we need to take a hyper local approach to SEO, considering the drivers to booking, and the answering of many other queries we get at a local level.
You will be a vocal evangelist of SEO throughout the business, bringing performance data to life and pushing the boundaries of what a forward-thinking SEO operation can deliver for a book-direct, ecommerce platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and execute a data-driven, innovative, measurable and accountable SEO strategy.
- Implement solid business processes for Premier Inn and our restaurant brands. Highly analytical mindset, customer-centric, a strong business sense and desire to seek out new possibilities and dive deep into technical solutions to support them.
- Develop and drive a data-led, scalable, creative SEO content strategy to capture search demand throughout user journey.
- Drive validated test roadmap and project plans; facilitate communication flow for Premier Inn and between Premier Inn and SEO agency.
- Deep understanding of local SEO, SEO in hotel and restaurants verticals, its trends and challenges/opportunities.
- Present and communicate results to the wider organization with weekly reporting of performance of how SEO performance is working in tandem with other channels
- Manage and optimize SEO tools and agencies
- Ensure ATL activity aligns and enhances the SEO strategy
- Line manage a team of SEO executives
- Keep abreast of SEM industry trends and developments, understanding of how SEO and SEM fits in the overall marketing mix.
What we’d like you to have:
- Direct experience of managing SEO agencies and in-house SEO end-to-end delivery.
- Proven successful technical, content and PR campaign delivery
- Absolutely up-to-date with the latest theories and trends in organic acquisition
- Solid understanding of paid search strategies and tactics, social media, affiliation programs, direct response offline advertising
- Experience managing European campaigns a plus.
- Completely tuned in to the latest web trends and technologies.
- Good understanding of web technologies like AWS, Apache, AngularJS, ReactJS, Akamai, pre-rendering, PWA, AMP, etc.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.