We have an exciting opportunity for a contract Solution Architect to join us and work as drive our brands forward in to new markets.
Solution Architect – Contract
We have an exciting opportunity for a contract Solution Architect to join us and work as drive our brands forward. We are currently going through a period of growth as we expand the Premier Inn brand to Germany and are looking to establish nearly 40 hotels in the next 2 years.
This position will be focused on a new programme of work looking at the future plans for Whitbread brands as well as new market entry into Ireland and channel islands.
What you will be doing
- Provide input into formation of IT and brand Strategies and technical innovations
- Work with the wider Architecture team across multi domain projects and strategies
- Support and manage third party suppliers throughout the project lifecycle of requirements gathering, design, dev & test and deployment
- Demonstrate a "guest obsessed" mind-set when evaluating solution options
- Work with Whitbread's IT partners to define solutions and provide central governance across projects within the IS estate
- Contribute to and maintain architectural documentation repository, ensure oversight of supplier documentation where required
- Support wider IT functions with technical knowledge and experience where required
What we are looking for:
- Ideally candidate should have previous experience with HR systems implementation and compliance
- Experience in API integration architecture.
- Broad understanding of applications and technologies in Retail, Hospitality, Ecommerce or similar industry
- Proven experience of working with IT suppliers in an outsourced environment
- The ability to work across multiple projects in parallel and the ability to contribute to wider group strategies
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong knowledge of TOGAF or other Enterprise Architecture framework
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.