The Project Manager will focus on a new strategic programme looking at future technology solutions across the Whitbread brand.
Project Manager | Dunstable | Permanent
Whitbread are currently going through a period of growth as we expand the Premier Inn brand to Germany and are looking to establish over 40 hotels in the next 2 years. With an aggressive expansion strategy in place, we are looking at our current systems and processes to see how we can mold the business to support our strategy to be the Worlds Best Budget Hotel chain whilst also developing the Hotel of the Future.
A new programme of work has started up and its aim is to focus on the future technology capabilities of Whitbread’s booking and reservation system. The core purpose of the Project Manager role is to project manage the delivery of new IT-enabled business capabilities in line with the Whitbread strategic objectives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of IT projects
- Setting realistic and practical goals for the project
- Evaluate progress of the project on a frequent basis and make timely interventions as needed to drive down project risk
- Manage third-party supplier project deliverables to time, cost and quality.
- Take responsibility at project level for all dimensions of the project: delivery, governance, reporting, risk & issues, financial/budget management, resourcing and communication
- Manage the transition from project delivery into managed support arrangements
- Manage, direct and motivate key IT project resources (business analyst, test) and other key resources across the technology function in a matrix style organisational structure
- Maintain project quality by establishing and enforcing organisational standards
- Manage financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing project budgets, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Support preparation of project investment cases
- Responsible for alignment of IT solution with business objectives.
What we’d like you to have:
- Full end to end project management experience of taking projects from inception through to delivery
- Solid foundation of technology knowledge and ability to adapt new skills and techniques as they emerge in the fast-moving technology sector
- Significant experience managing multiple IT projects, including budgets over £1m.
- Experience with Waterfall & Kanban Agile methodologies
- Strong collaborative approach to stakeholder management
- Ability to manage multiple projects, assign and manage work activities, meet deadlines and develop project management reporting in a timely and effective manner.
- Self-drive – responds to challenging priorities with a sense of urgency and pace
- Strong project planning, budget planning and resource management
- Transparent risk & issue management with response mitigation
- Strong third-party management
- Demonstrable experience of delivering business IT solutions from concept through to operational use
- Proven experience of directing and motivating project teams
- Experienced in Agile & Waterfall methodologies
In return we will offer:
- A market competitive base salary
- Up to 30% annual bonus
- Car or car allowance option
- Sharesave scheme
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Free parking across our Head Office campus
- Subsidised restaurant / canteen
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- 25 days annual leave + bank holiday + Buy Holiday Scheme
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.