Head of Commercial Marketing
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Commercial Marketing to join Whitbread, supporting a number of our Restaurant brands. You will have responsibility for setting commercial strategy, investment and plans for the portfolio of brands, ensuring this delivers to our sales, covers and profit plans. This includes responsibility for the effectiveness of marketing activity, and feeding this into future strategy and planning.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide. Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 750 hotels and over 70,000 rooms across the UK, Germany and the Middle East. We are also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater, Brewers Fayre and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and ensure long term health of the brand is optimised by building brand preference and relevance across the portfolio.
- Ensure all brand propositions are attractive, complimentary and relevant to Informal Eating Out and Premier Inn guests to drive frequency of visit and penetration in the market, anticipating changing customer needs & new market opportunities.
- Act as a guardian of the customer, ensuring customer and other stakeholder insights are understood and acted upon throughout the business.
- Work with key Exec and their leadership teams to manage and ensure the consistent delivery of the end-to-end customer experience to deliver our brand proposition, in partnership with operational teams.
- Develop and maintain the brand framework for each customer facing brand, including location strategy. Responsible for ensuring ways of working across the Commercial and Operations teams which ensure integrity of brand is maintained.
- Accountable for the creation & delivery of the annual brand plans on budget, on time and on sales & profit targets to drive market share (through improved customer frequency and acquisition of new customers) and brand health
- Responsible for the in-year trading, maximising opportunities to drive revenue throughout the FY, and utilising all available levers (menu, events, PR, promotions, incentives, pricing) to drive performance. Accountable for full brand TTL marketing
- Accountable for menu architecture, pricing and drinks range, in line with F&B strategy and in partnership with the Head of F&B Development.
- Own the development of all customer facing communications to drive guest engagement (creative & design)
- Create an environment and culture of customer focus, commercial orientation and marketing effectiveness
- Accountable for the development and leadership of the commercial budgeting process (including discounting) and tactical scenario planning
- Develop local store marketing plans & sharing of best marketing practice across restaurants to leverage local trading opportunities
- Lead the brand performance evaluations and marketing ROI
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in combining product/category characteristics into compelling customer propositions
- Well versed at developing segment and brands strategy against specified business objectives
- Experience of leading the commercial marketing agenda for a customer facing brand, including accountability for revenue generation
- Experience of brand development in multi/site retail, leisure environment
- Proven track record in successfully creating/repositioning a concept and delivering a successful growth strategy
- Experience in ensuring the organisation’s vision, values, processes and systems are all driven by and geared to the needs of our customers, and build a strong, customer focused culture within the organisation
- Ability to champion an environment in which the value of marketing is measured, and where the impact of marketing activities on ROI, short term and long-term business success is monitored, evaluated and acted upon to improve marketing effectiveness
- Track record of managing complex budgets and business case developments
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high levels of gravitas
- Creative and disruptive thinker with the ability to deliver on practical and commercial basis
- Excellent influencer and communicator, focused on building relationships across the business
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.