Software Engineer (AEM) | Permanent | Holborn
We’re looking for a Software Engineer (AEM) to join our team of talented engineers, working alongside our product teams within our Premier Inn Digital hub in London.
The PremierInn.com website handles £2billion worth of transactions per year and is critical to the success of our business. If you’re a customer-centric developer, who would like to solve real world problems at scale, this could be the role for you.
We offer you autonomy and ownership of a full-stack feature set (we’re building our Micro-services in Java 11) and we encourage you to be creative in building a website that makes the customer experience as easy and user-friendly as possible.
As a Software Engineer (AEM) , you’ll be part of an Agile team that delivers new robust and scalable features across the entire product lifecycle to the Premier Inn website, from concept, design, build, deploy, test, to release, as well as drive new architectural solutions, scale our systems, and increase performance.
We are proud of our tech stack. You’ll be exposed to technologies such as Java, AEM ReactJS, Angular JS, Cypress, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins.
What you will be doing to contribute
- Work within an agile team to deliver across the entire product life cycle – concept, design, build (code), deploy, test, release, and maintain/support great products in a Dev-ops environment.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and team to deliver robust, secure, scalable, tested, and documented capabilities.
- Fully participate in the relevant scrum events; planning and estimation, daily scrums, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Drive test driven development, team standards and best practices e.g. code quality, improving the code base, agile ways of working, technical debt control.
- Mentoring, learning and sharing engineering skills.
- Delivering value to our business and our customers by using technology to solve business problems with creativity & innovation.
- You are a passionate developer who loves clean coding but also getting their hands dirty.
- You are passionate about continuously growing your skills and making a difference.
- You will bring ideas, challenge and offer solutions to the team.
- Practice TDD and follow best practices.
- Produce high-quality, clean and performant code.
- Product mindset and passion about building for internal stakeholders and external customer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with team members.
Required skills and experience
- Hands on development experience working in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM 6.2, AEM 6.3, AEM 6.4).
- Hands on experience of design and development of AEM templates, custom components, custom workflows and unit tests
- Experience on Java Content Repository (API) suite, Sling web framework and Apache Felix OSGi framework
- Experience working with digital asset management (DAM)
- Familiar with Sling models and creating JSON based API’s using AEM
- Experience with communicating to different internal servers, databases from AEM, using both front end and back end technologies.
- Understanding of basic AEM infrastructure – Author/Publisher/Dispatcher
- Experience with RESTful API development
- Experience in testing frameworks such as Jest
- Strong analytical, problem solving & conceptual skills, and a flexible attitude in shifting environments.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience using AEM as a headless CMS
- Familiarity with Adobe Target, Analytics and tag management.
- Familiarity with building multilingual websites
- Exposure to continuous integration, delivery and deployment.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.