We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our Portfolio team and lead in the design and delivery of complex, cross functional change programmes and projects to enable the delivery of o...
Project Manager – Portfolio
£Competitive + up to 30% bonus + benefits
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our Portfolio team and lead in the design and delivery of complex, cross functional change programmes and projects to enable the delivery of our business plan for both our Premier Inn and Restaurants business. As you deliver the high-profile projects into our operational business and influence multiple stakeholder relationships, this role will give you the opportunity to make an impact very quickly and really see the tangible outcomes from your work.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide, and for the last 9 years running we have been recognised as a ‘Top Employer’ by the Top Employers Institute.
Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 750 hotels and over 70,000 rooms across the UK, Germany and the Middle East. We are also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. With exciting plans to innovate and grow our core UK and international business, and always keeping our customers at the heart of what we do, there has never been a more exciting time to join Whitbread!
What you will be doing:
- Managing stakeholders up to Exec level, you’ll deliver change to the organisation through the application of ‘best in class’ programme, project and change management
- Creation and presentation of business cases (costs and benefits)
- You’ll manage the definition and creation of detailed business requirements and define the scope, objectives and vision for the Programme and projects
- Define and implement the governance structures at Programme and Project Working Group level of cross-functional teams, with matrix responsibilities to ensure effective decision making
- Consulting with the Sponsors and business functional teams, you’ll review progress, milestones and manage risks/issues and provide regular status reports to the Programme team
- You’ll lead the full end to end delivery of a programme of PI&R projects from initiation and planning through to requirements, delivery and handover to Business As Usual - working in partnership with relevant teams
- Managing relationships with 3rd party vendors to deliver projects if required
- Responsible for programme planning, resource planning, management of dependencies between projects and work streams, you’ll ensure the programme is fully supported to reach the business goals
Why we’d love you to apply:
- You have 3-5 years of Project management experience, with knowledge of both Programme and Project management methods including MSP & PRINCE2
- You are experienced in leading programmes and projects with multiple stakeholders and complex plans to an agreed timeline, ideally within a hospitality or retail environment
- You have strong leadership skills, with the ability to influence, engage and communicate at all levels
- You have proven experience of managing various stakeholder groups and governance structures, up to and including Exec Level
- Highly resilient, you can work independently, with ambiguity and uncertainty and with the ability to positively resolve conflicts
- You can be the programme/project conscience and have the courage to challenge all stakeholders to deliver the right outcomes, whilst being considerate of guest, team and business
- You can confidently make decisions based on the appropriate analytical insight and data
In return, we will offer you:
- A market competitive base salary
- Up to 30% annual bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Family cover BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Free parking across our Support Centre campus
- Subsidised restaurant
- Up to 50% discount off our brands
- Perks at work
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.