Senior DevOps Engineer | Holborn | Permanent
As the Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a modern, dynamic and fun start up environment, with the backing of a FTSE100 organisation.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer for our premierinn.com website, mobile apps, and business booker, you have the challenge of working on and improving live products used by millions of users across the world. To give you an idea of the scale, our premierinn.com website handles nearly £1.5billion worth of transactions a year.
What you will be doing:
- Implementing automation with open source technology to deliver immutable infrastructure and consistent environments.
- Helping to define and maintain a continuous integration and continuous delivery framework.
- Operational support and engineering for large distributed software applications.
- Improving all aspects of software reliability, release management and integration testing.
- Define a monitoring strategy that allows the gathering and analysing of metrics from both infrastructure and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
- Integration of Whitbread systems with external applications and dependencies.
- Analysis of current capacity and future growth to feed into Whitbread Infrastructure capacity planning.
- Provides occasional out of hours support for major incidents requiring 2nd / 3rd level analysis.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and techniques in the environment management realm and actively promotes improvements to our tools and processes.
What we are looking for:
- A DevOps mindset with a willingness to share knowledge and able to influence others.
- Strong experience of implementing AWS production systems for high-value transactional websites.
- Strong track-record of working with CI/CD in a scaled Agile environment.
- Experience of implementing resilient and highly available systems at enterprise-scale.
- Working knowledge for Agile processes and tools required to promote this methodology.
- Ability to work with development teams to diagnose incidents and problems.
- Strong knowledge of microservice architecture, container management and orchestration.
- Keeps up to date on the latest industry trends and openly shares thoughts on standards / tools / technologies / trends for environments management.
We offer you:
- A modern, dynamic and fun work environment in a digital delivery team
- Stability of a multinational hospitality giant, yet working within a tech start up style office
- The challenge of working on live products used by millions of users across our worldwide brands: Premier Inn, Beefeater, Bar and Block (to name a few!)
- Freedom and responsibilities - we expect you to deliver without micro-management
- An office in the buzzing City - take a break and enjoy one of the hundreds of restaurants or food stalls down Leather Lane.
- Development opportunities – reward and job satisfaction are top priorities, whether it’s access to our Digital Training Academy (free online training, classroom training courses, knowledge exchange Communities etc.), stimulating & fun work environments including team games/activities, pool table tournaments, etc.
- A very competitive compensation package including up to a 30% bonus.
- Generous 25days annual leave, 10% matched pension, Private healthcare (family cover through BUPA), Whitbread Sharesave Scheme
- Discounts to a wide range of products including our brands, travel, gym memberships, technology, etc
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.