QA Engineer | Permanent | Holborn
As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for working with the Agile Sprint team on the continuous improvement of the development process, ensuring agile test automation principles are embedded in the development cycle.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Premier Inn and some of the UK's most loved restaurants. By 2020, our goal is to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you will be doing:
- Drive the automated testing of a Mobile Apps at each stage of the development cycle.
- Work closely with Senior Automation Testers, Product Owner and Developers to understand functional requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure Java step def automation scripts are produced from the BDD test cases.
- Involved in the Development Cycle, understanding the code upon which the application is built on a deep level.
- Supporting the relevant scrum events; planning/user story estimation, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews/ demos & retros to ensure that quality code, based on solid unit testing principles are released into Production on a regular CI cycle.
- Constantly embeds automated testing techniques, particularly to support regression testing within Sprint and for releases.
- Constantly demonstrates that quality and the customer is always the focus.
- Supports the development of Whitbread’s standards / tools / techniques for Automated Testing through collaboration with other Whitbread QA teams.
What we'd like you to have:
- Experience of BDD and TDD within Automation frameworks.
- Previous commercial experience working on Java Web application development with Automation (Java Selenium, Cucumber & IntelliJ)
- Agile experience (Scrum/Kanban)
- Understanding of a range of programming languages, database concepts.
It would be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Good experience of Continuous Integration (CI), i.e. Jenkins, Maven, Docker
- Good experience of JIRA/Confluence/Zephyr/GitHub/Slack/Swagger/
- A can-do professional approach to business and a willingness to be held accountable for results
- Strong stakeholder management skills, particularly working closely with the Product Owner and development team
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.