Senior Technical Analyst | Holborn | Permanent
Lead a team of Technical Analysts to ensure that new and existing interactions between the sales channels and technology platforms that make up the Premier Inn and Restaurants Digital proposition are defined and documented to the highest standards.
As the Snr Technical Analyst for our premierinn.com website, mobile apps, and business booker, you have the challenge of working on and improving live products used by millions of users across the world. To give you an idea of the scale, our premierinn.com website handles nearly £1.5billion worth of transactions a year.
What you will be doing
- Use your extensive engineering and analysis experience to oversee and when necessary undertake full impact assessments of proposed cross platform changes identifying risk and mitigations.
- Turn business requirements into technical contracts between the interrelated internally built and 3rd party systems and services.
- Take the role of technical product owner and the responsibility to sign off on completed development.
- Establish relationships with main business stakeholders by being proactive, displaying in depth knowledge of their business processes and applications, supporting the development and implementation of business solutions
- Have a view across multiple projects within a family of projects or a programme to spot synergies and overlapping projects or requirements
- Ensure the roadmap is well understood and technical dependencies are identified
- Challenge product owner and stakeholders to ensure requirements are effectively prioritised.
- Coach and mentor Technical Analysts
- Own and manage definition of system interactions: define requirements for related system changes.
- Document technical functions, their relationship to product features, and how those features solve business problems, for non-technical audiences that have different knowledge levels of the subject matter
- Lead requirements gathering sessions, stakeholder interviews, group sessions, user observations and/or use other techniques to identify business need or requirement with stakeholders of all levels
What we are looking for
- Strong analysis experience in a full software development lifecycle / SDLC technology environment
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Sound experience within an analysis / design role for substantial digital solutions working within an Agile delivery environment.
- Experience in API tooling e.g Swagger.
- A solid understanding of agile User Stories, BDD / TDD etc.
- Confident in a range of BA techniques to analyse problems
- Experience of building process Maps, Data Flows and Diagrams
- Proficient knowledge of requirements gathering processes and proven analysis techniques
We offer you:
- A modern, dynamic and fun work environment in a digital delivery team
- Stability of a multinational hospitality giant, yet working within a tech start up style office
- The challenge of working on live products used by millions of users across our worldwide brands: Premier Inn, Beefeater, Bar and Block (to name a few!)
- Freedom and responsibilities - we expect you to deliver without micro-management
- An office in the buzzing City - take a break and enjoy one of the hundreds of restaurants or food stalls down Leather Lane.
- Development opportunities – reward and job satisfaction are top priorities, whether it’s access to our Digital Training Academy (free online training, classroom training courses, knowledge exchange Communities etc.), stimulating & fun work environments including team games/activities, pool table tournaments, etc.
- A very competitive compensation package including up to a 30% bonus
- Generous 25days annual leave, 10% matched pension, Private healthcare (family cover through BUPA), Whitbread Sharesave Scheme
- Discounts to a wide range of products including our brands, travel, gym memberships, technology, etc
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.