We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst, working within the BI & Data Domain of Whitbread IT.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst, working within the BI & Data Domain of Whitbread IT. You will be working across the whole project lifecycle, from requirements elicitation through UAT to post-implementation support, helping us understand our data needs across applications. Core to this role is stakeholder engagement within IT, with the business and with external 3rd parties.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Premier Inn and Beefeater Restaurants. By 2020, our goal is to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you will be doing:
- Analyse data from master data and operational systems
- Document existing data structures, investigate data quality issues and make recommendations for remediation
- Obtain and profile source data samples
- Define data mapping rules (validation, cleansing, transformation, etc.)
- Run workshops with business stakeholders and suppliers
- Facilitate design sessions with the wider technology organisation to define the solution
- Deliver elements of systems design, including data models, migration rules, business rules or other detailed deliverables.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders from a variety of teams across the business and effectively communicate the data models
- Capturing data requirements from stakeholders and business counterparts.
- Translating business needs into data models and related data artefacts.
- Preparation of technical design documents and diagrams.
- Key contributor to Data Mapping and Data Migration projects.
- Validation of 3rd Party Data Models.
- Creating and managing Conceptual, Logical and Physical data models.
What we are looking for:
- Solid experience of data modelling (conceptual, logical, physical; 3NF, dimensional), e.g., working with a 3rd party to ensure that a proposed solution meets requirements
- Experience of data interface/contract specification
- Excellent knowledge of requirements gathering processes and proven data analysis and problem-solving techniques
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience of supporting testing, e.g., supporting functional, integration and UAT testing
- Ability to focus on individual tasks, but with the confidence to ask for help when required
- Experience of implementation planning (e.g., data migration)
- A good understanding of different modelling paradigms such as Kimball/Inmon;
- Strong understanding of data protocols
- Experience of defining standards for tools and techniques for data analysis/modelling
- Exposure to a variety of development methodologies and techniques, both Waterfall and Agile
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.