Senior Business Analyst | Dunstable (Hybrid Working) |Permanent
We have an exciting Business Analyst opportunity within our Dunstable head office. You will be working on a variety of projects from small scale quick wins to multi-million pound projects to help follow a strategic roadmap to support business change over mid and long-term horizons.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide, and for the last 10 years running have been recognised as a ‘Top Employer’ by the Top Employers Institute. Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn, we have over 850 hotels - which is over 80,000 bedrooms - across the UK, Germany and the Middle .We’re also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. With exciting plans to innovate and grow our core UK and international business, we’re always keeping our customers at the heart of what we do and there has never been a more exciting time to join Whitbread!
What you will be doing
- Establish relationships with customers by being proactive, displaying in depth knowledge of their business processes and supporting the development and implementation of business solutions
- Interfaces regularly with business stakeholders/product owners to guide project direction, system change priorities and business objectives
- Work with key stakeholders to define benefits associated with specific change initiatives and ensure these are measurable
- Lead requirements elicitation sessions, stakeholder interviews, group sessions, user observations and/or use other techniques to identify business need or requirement with stakeholders of all levels
- Replay and gain sign off for all requirements to all stakeholders at both a strategic and operational level
- Translate user requirements into functional/data specifications according to standard templates, using natural language
- Work closely with technical and development teams to ensure solutions are “fit for purpose” and meet users’ requirements and satisfaction
What we are looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of requirements gathering processes and proven analysis and problem-solving techniques
- Experience in managing relationships between external partners and business stakeholders
- Exceptional communication & influencing skills with a strong customer focus
- Proven experience of successfully facilitating workshops with business leads and external vendors, with the confidence to challenge
- Exposure to a variety of development methodologies and techniques, both Waterfall and Agile
- Ability to focus on individual tasks, but with the confidence to ask for help when required
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 790853-1629
Advertised: 27 Jan 2023