As we embark on a wide-spread Network Transformation Programme, which will see the network completely replaced at around 1,200 sites across Europe. This level of transformation is unusual in the market and represents a large opportunity unlikely to be found elsewhere.
Our Network Engineering Team are at the forefront of our Technology and look after our Premier Inn hotels, restaurants and data centres and ensure our Network connectivity estate is compliant, secure and supportable.
We are looking for a new Network Manager to head up the Network Team of 10 engineers and will come up with strategies. You will also be heading up a team of up to 10 Network Engineers to drive performance, provide governance and assurance across BAU and project activities.
Role: Network Manager
Salary: From £75,000 up to £85,000pa plus car or car allowance
Contract Type: Full-Time and Permanent
Location: Dunstable, Bedfordshire (LU5 5XE) and a hybrid way of working
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Healthcare: Family BUPA healthcare
- Discounts: Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and 25% discount on our Restaurant brand
Check out all our benefits here: https://www.whitbreadcareers.com/about-us/benefits/
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the network team in designing, configuring, and maintaining our network infrastructure, ensuring high availability and performance.
- Plan, implement, and optimize SD-WAN solutions to enhance network performance and efficiency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan and execute network changes, ensuring minimal disruption to ongoing operations.
- Provide technical leadership in troubleshooting network issues, identifying root causes, and implementing effective solutions.
- Build strong relationships with third party service providers to foster a positive culture of co-working partnerships.
- Manage Network Infrastructure OPEX budget.
What you’ll need:
- Team Leadership/management experience (within an Infrastructure technical environment
- Budget Management
- Cisco/HPE Aruba technical knowledge/certification
- ITIL Service Management
- Major network transformation programmes
Be part of our Network Engineering Team at Whitbread
Keeping up with new platforms and real-world technologies allows us to get closer to our audience than ever before. Our dynamic Network Team are subject experts and a team who are enthusiastic about what they do. We encourage your application. Apply today or contact our recruitment team for more information.
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcomes your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQIA+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQIA+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. Speak to us about workplace adjustments, part-time and flexible working. Where possible we will support this.
Job ref: 825643-1629
Advertised: 21 Feb 2024