Designate General Manager - East London - Whitbread Restaurants
Salary: £38,250 - £42,500
At Whitbread, we bring together all the components that make dining a real experience. From the comforting menu to the relaxed surroundings, you’ll help our customers feel welcome in our company – with moments they’ll want to share with family and friends, time and again.
We’re looking for individuals with the passion for service that will make every diner feel truly valued. It’s the consistently high standards of our teams that turn each restaurant sitting into a collection of individual experiences, defined by the feel-good atmosphere and warm reception. Whether you’re providing a friendly smile at the table or preparing their favourite dishes in the kitchen, our customer experiences are all down to you. Our delicious food is a great excuse to get together, but it’s the quality of our people that makes it special. Together, we can make Whitbread a place to look forward to, by making every meal a great memory that lasts.
As General Manager you will be responsible for the entire restaurant and you will run it with heart and soul, being personally involved and proud to take complete ownership of your restaurant every day. You will oversee all operations, leading the team to ensure that every guest served receives the best possible experience and leaves with great lasting memories.
The values that we are looking for:
- Hard working, proud and committed, never standing by and watching but rolling up your sleeves ready to muck in.
- Relaxed, informal and genuine with the ability to put people at ease and can see the needs of guests/team.
- Straight talking and confident with consistency in what you say and do.
- An eye for detail with food, service, cleanliness and the business.
- A passion to lead, motivate and develop a team of people to become your restaurants main ingredient.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunities to progress
- Showcasing your knowledge & experience, becoming a Whitbread superstar
- The opportunity to say you've been part of a new site opening
- Market leading salaries
- Competitive bonus potential
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcomes your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQIA+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQIA+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. Speak to us about workplace adjustments, part-time and flexible working. Where possible we will support this.
Job ref: 824830-1629
Advertised: 15 Dec 2023
Application closed: 08 Mar 2024