Whitbread, as a FTSE 100 company and the largest budget hotel booking system in the UK, recognizes the critical importance of its banking system for business operations. The role of the Banking Manager- Projects will play a key part in ensuring the smooth functioning of the banking system, especially with the implementation of our new hotel booking system.
Location: Dunstable, hybrid
Job Type: 12 month’ Fixed Term Contract
Why you’ll love it here:
- Bonus: Enjoy an annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
- Healthcare: For you and your family
- Discounts: Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and 25% discount on our Restaurant brands
Check out all of our benefits here https://www.whitbreadcareers.com/about-us/benefits/
What you’ll do:
- Lead the Banking process governance, ensure that service levels are in line with SLAs
- Act as point of escalation to resolve Banking issues related to implantation of the new hotel booking system.
- Provide insight and analytics on process performance.
- Clean bank recs, minimising any risk to the business.
What we need:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Banking Reconciliation software, and online Banking platforms.
- Experience in a shared services banking environment
- Awareness of Accounting guidelines and applicable general ledger systems and procedures.
- Strong understanding of the revenue process from the start of payment through to reconciliation.
Be part of our Finance team at Whitbread:
Times are changing and our ambition is bigger than ever. This means huge things when it comes to budget and forecasting, and that’s where our Finance team really springs into action. Finding the right answers to drive us forwards. With new concepts launching, new spaces secured and reams of plans in motion, there’s no more exciting time to join than right now. Get to experience career growth that moves as fast as we do and be part of framing where we are heading.
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcomes your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQIA+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQIA+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. Speak to us about workplace adjustments, part-time and flexible working. Where possible we will support this.
Job ref: 823553-2028
Advertised: 17 Nov 2023