Whitbread has a big growth strategy both in UK and Germany and we have big plans for further growth and that’s why we need a new Test Analyst to bring Finance and IT together as one. You will be supporting and developing our finance applications which will enable us to deliver services to our finance business teams by carrying out technical testing using both manual and automated techniques on the systems we run, making sure they’re developed at a high level of quality, robust and fit for purpose.
You’ll be involved in delivering new features and updates/patches for a range of applications and using software systems like ERP and responsible for checking the quality of the code that is developed. You will be working with colleagues to achieve agreed timeline and release goals, in turn helping us progress along our project/patch and change deliveries.
Brining your passion for emerging technologies along with your drive for problem-solving. You will bring your knowledge and experience of Oracle ERP/EPM n Excel, MS Office, and PowerPoint with a hint of Quality Assurance and Quality control with an analytical mind, will help in reviewing requirements and transform them into test scripts in specific subject areas is a testament to your flexibility for learning new technologies.
Location: Dunstable & Hybrid
Job Type: Permanent & Full-Time
Why you’ll love it here:
- Bonus: Enjoy an annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 10% of base salary
- Healthcare: For you
- Discounts: Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and 25% discount on our Restaurant brands
- Learning: 6 days of dedicated learning days and access to Udemy Business (wide range of new technology courses to learn and update yourself)
Check out all of our benefits here https://www.whitbreadcareers.com/about-us/benefits/
What you’ll do:
- Able to understand business processes to assess requirements and get holistic view, by then perform testing to ensure the solution created is fit for purpose.
- Develop detailed test strategies and plans for each cycle of the project delivery.
- You will review and analysis the release notes/requirements for the patch/project and report accordingly.
- Carry out testing activities to be undertaken including test scripting and execution in JIRA both for manual and automated testing.
- Provide status and produce test and defect reports to all to stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Support the team to plan and monitor releases and facilitate efficient testing and deployment.
What we need:
- Oracle Cloud ERP/EPM functional test experience (or equivalent) including Fixed Assets, General Ledger, Payables, Receivables, Cash Management, Procurement, Projects, Time & Labour.
- Knowledge of testing principles, formal test approaches, functional testing, data migration testing, integration testing, and user acceptance testing
- Ability to visualize, articulate findings, and facilitate communication to stakeholder and business teams.
- Well organized, quality results-driven, eager to manage complex problems. Critical thinker and have problem-solving skills.
- Ability to review requirements and create manual test scripts and maintain automated tests in the allocated subject areas.
- Good understanding and experience of working both in agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Basic SQL skills with ability to extract and analyse data using Oracle databases.
- Experience of using Jira and proficient in Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint
You will be joining a multinational hotel and restaurant company that will give you a chance to build a successful career, impact the lives of millions and enjoy yourself in work. IT Finance team has a strong wellbeing strategy, we encourage and have strong commitments to supporting each other to achieve a fulfilling work life balance. #LI-MM1
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcomes your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQIA+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQIA+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. Speak to us about workplace adjustments, part-time and flexible working. Where possible we will support this.
Job ref: 823076-1629
Advertised: 10 Nov 2023