Role: Agile Delivery Lead
Location: Holborn, London, we have a fantastic hybrid working environment, you will need to be in the office at least 2 days per week but the rest of your week can be flexible to what works best for you and your role
Employment Type: Full-time and Permanent
As the Agile Delivery Lead, working on our premierinn.com website or associated product teams, that handles nearly £2billion worth of transactions a year, you will play a pivotal role in facilitating agile events as a Delivery Lead in delivering business value to one or more of our product platforms.
This role manages the day-to-day workload of an Agile delivery team, in activities ranging from scrum ceremonies and refinement sessions through to reviewing value flow and producing stakeholder reports.
Who we are looking for:
- Experience working within Agile teams, ideally within a leadership capacity
- Scrum Master with at least 2-3 years’ experience and certified Scrum Professional, also of benefit would be Kanban, SAFe experience.
- Proven experience of delivering high availability highly transaction B2C and B2B services
- A demonstratable passion for digital experiences
- Good stakeholder management skills with multiple external suppliers/service providers.
- Online/digital/direct-to-consumer industry experience.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Jira / Confluence experience would be an advantage
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be working alongside Delivery Managers and IT stakeholders to ensure your teams deliver the highest standards of quality whether that be in building, releasing, maintaining or reporting on your product platform.
- You will work across the Delivery and Engineering teams to ensure the DevOps strategy is followed
- The face of Digital technology for all internal and external parties with a vested interest in your product platform ranging from Whitbread executives through to 1st line support engineers and on occasion our valued customers so you will manage pro-active and reactive communications with finesse, humility and authority.
- Be the primary point of contact for your counterpart Product Owner. Alongside the Product Owner and the Engineering Managers responsible for the layers of technology that make up your product platform, you will lead the planning of both the future initiatives pipeline readiness but also the forward planning of people and system capacity estimating and associated budgeting on a rolling 12 months.
- You will hate to fail but not be scared to do so either and you will instil this into the teams you manage and support courage in your management peers.
- Support other Delivery Managers to manage both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects, channels and platforms, as well as the risks and issues jeopardising your teams’ success, ensuring that the appropriate resources are utilised, stakeholders are regularly informed and that the consequences of any actions are clearly understood
- An annual Whitbread Performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Individual and family BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- Hybrid working and a genuine flexible working policy
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 803752-2028
Advertised: 14 Apr 2023