Role: Procurement Manager – Corporate Services
Reports to: Senior Procurement Manager – Corporate
Salary: Competitive salary + bonus + benefits
Employment Type: Full-Time, Maternity Cover for up to 12 months
Location: Whitbread Court, Dunstable (hybrid working with 2 days in the office)
Responsible for the application of best practice procurement for Corporate Services categories, including provision of market insight, development of category strategies & associated sourcing plans, tendering, negotiation and supplier management. Supporting the delivery of the Brand and Product strategy to support future growth.
Inside the role:
- You will be responsible for the continuous maintenance and update of market insight regarding category, best-practices, trends, key suppliers etc.
- Development of documented (3 year) sourcing strategies for agreed sub-categories in collaboration with senior stakeholders
- Tender management, negotiation, and implementation of supplier agreements.
- Present contract award recommendations to key stakeholders and Senior Executives as required as well as work with Group Legal to ensure development & implementation of robust contracts with all key suppliers.
- Input to the identification of key suppliers across the category and establishment of appropriate supplier management activities to oversee supplier performance against SLA / KPI’s and provide a forum for ongoing supplier development and improvement.
- Engage with suppliers to consider the business as a preferred customer in presenting innovation and cost efficiency projects
- Ensure best-in-class service from our logistic and warehouse providers whilst optimising total cost of ownership
- Ensure application of, and compliance to, WHR’s Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE), Diversity and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategies & policies.
- Develop strong personal relationships with appropriate stakeholders and other Executives across the business.
Open to you:
- Fully conversant with forms of insight and data prevalent in the category sector
- Able to build strong, value-adding relationships with internal customers
- Strong influencing skills – able to communicate and influence effectively at senior levels
- Project Management – Able to lead cross-functional projects and deliver results to agreed timescales
- Finance – conversant with business financial accounting and able to analyse and report data effectively to key financial stakeholders
- Procurement execution (business requirements analysis, market analysis, sourcing strategy, tender, negotiation, contract award, supplier management etc.)
- Conversant with a range of associated sourcing strategies
In return for your commitment, we’ve got some great benefits to offer:
• A market competitive base salary + up to 30% annual bonus
• Sharesave scheme
• A collaborative work culture that focuses on supporting your success
• A flexible working policy you can rely on
• Up to Family Cover BUPA healthcare
• Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
• Up to 25% discount off our brands
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 796534-1629
Advertised: 25 Jan 2023