Role: Portfolio Planning Manager
Function: Group Operations (IT/Change)
Location: Whitbread Court, Dunstable, Bedfordshire. We have a fantastic hybrid working environment, you’ll need to be in the office at least 2 days per week but the rest of your week can be flexible to what works best for you and your role
Package: Competitive Salary, plus up to 30% company performance-based bonus, private healthcare cover and many more benefits
Whitbread have an exciting new role for a PMO Planning Manager. As the expert planner, you’ll have experience introducing and overseeing Portfolio Management. You’ll also own the portfolio planning framework and portfolio health assessments, toolkits, and templates.
Inside the role:
- You’ll be comfortable working with Senior stakeholders, while you look to introduce regular ‘big room planning’ sessions, in effect creating and maintaining the portfolio level plan.
- You’ll also be responsible for managing a group of PMO Analyst who support each of the core capabilities provided by the IT PMO.
- You will be responsible for monitoring, controlling, and reporting on overall portfolio progress as well as portfolio governance, risk control, and dependency management.
- Responsible for the integration between the in-flight workplan and upcoming roadmap delivery
We’re open to you:
- You’ll have in-depth knowledge and understanding of Project / Programme / Portfolio management practices and methodologies
- A Deep project & portfolio background with proven experience in portfolio planning experience
- You’ll be able to demonstrable experience of PMO management of multiple large technology integration projects from concept through to operational use
- Have proven experience of directing and motivating PMO Analysts
- Strong problem-solving skills and strong organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-drive – responds to challenging priorities with a sense of urgency and pace
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany, and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
In return, we will offer you:
- An annual Whitbread Performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
- An optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Family BUPA healthcare
- Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
- Access to Whitbread’s Save As You Earn scheme, with a fantastic 20% discount on Whitbread shares
- Recognition for service anniversaries, starting from 1 year
- Access to a range of discounts from everyday brands
- Charity donations through our Give and Match and Raise and Match schemes
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- Hybrid working and a genuine flexible working policy
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 793898-1629
Advertised: 20 Jan 2023