Role: Senior QA Engineer (Mobile Apps)
Location: Holborn, London (hybrid way of working with coming into the office twice a week).
Employment Type: Full-Time (35 hours a week) and Permanent
Salary: £Competitive plus other benefits
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Premier Inn and some of the UK's most loved restaurants. We are investing heavily into our teams to help deliver one of the biggest IT workplans we've ever committed to. As such, you'll have opportunity for training and development, along with a line manager who will help support your career aspirations.
You will have the opportunity to work on one of the largest hotel systems, driving over £1 billion of revenue a year, working with some of the latest and best in class technologies. To drive change, we are recruiting for a new Senior QA Engineer who will play an important role within mobile apps & automation testing as well as coaching the our QA Engineers in this area.
Inside the role:
- You will be driving automation testing of products at each stage of the development cycle.
- Work closely with the Developer in Test, Product Owner and Developers to understand functional requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure Java step def automation scripts are produced from the BDD test cases.
- Support the relevant scrum events; planning/user story estimation, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews/ demos & retros to ensure that quality code, based on solid unit testing principles are released into Production on a regular CI cycle.
- Undertakes automated testing throughout sprints to prevent any time lag between development and release.
- Constantly embed automated testing techniques, particularly to support regression testing across all product platforms within Sprints and for releases.
- Supports the development of Whitbread’s standards / tools / techniques for Automated Testing through collaboration with other Whitbread QA teams.
- Act as the champion for test driven development and automated testing - provides coaching/support for Developers in Test and Product Developers where required.
- Produces regular test reports to the team
Open to you:
- Proven automated BDD and TDD experience within automation frameworks
- Strong Agile testing experience (Scrum/Kanban)
- Good experience of Continuous Integration (CI), i.e. Jenkins, Maven, Docker
- Strong stakeholder management skills, particularly working closely with the Product Owner and development team.
- Test frameworks in either Appium, Expresso or Earl grey
- Simulators & Emulators - Android Studio or iOS
- Experience of working in Webdriver.io mocha framework
- Ideally written an Automation Framework from scratch and be able to demonstrate it
- Experience in hybrid apps and mobile apps on iOS, iPad and Android devices.
- Experience of automation in browser stack
- Experience of Selenium Webdriver and Cucumber (nice to have)
In return for your commitment, we’ve got some great benefits to offer:
- Basic salary – £competitive and other benefits
- Up to 10% bonus based on company performance
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 788263-1629
Advertised: 01 Nov 2022