Frontend Software Engineer
Frontend Software Engineer | Permanent | Holborn
We are proud of our tech stack. Our engineers get the opportunity to build Micro Frontends and work with React, Angular, HTML, CSS, AEM, Jenkins, Docker, Git. That being said, we are always looking for new technologies that will enhance the products we build for our customers and our engineers play a big part in suggesting and shaping our technology choices.
What continues to set us apart are our excellent products and people. In Premier Inn, we have the UK’s favourite budget hotel chain, currently outperforming the market and ambitious for more as we execute our plans in both the UK and Germany. We have much loved brands such as Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Bar + Block alongside exciting up and coming propositions such as Cookhouse & Pub.
We remain true to our values and put our people at the centre of everything we do. Throughout this crisis we a proud to have supported our nations Key Workers by providing accommodation throughout the pandemic.
What you will be doing to contribute
• Working collaboratively on a range of new and existing products and features, championing new ideas and tech
• Transforming the frontend culture using object-oriented design, SOLID principles and TDD, using an evolving stack and often pair programming, you'll be working on a Frontend-weighted full life cycle development and micro frontend/services architecture, in a supportive environment
• Focusing on growing as an engineering leader, supporting and helping engineers learn and improve
• Understanding your team’s domain and the impact of your work against the business goals
• Setting great standards and help reducing technical debt
• Approach all engineering work through a security lens
• Owning technical design on projects and understanding the trade-offs in creating great software
• Provide on-call team support when needed
• Ownership of decisions made in your team by helping teammates make clear decisions in alignment with organizational goals, backing decisions made and taking responsibility for their success
Required skills and experience
• Experience building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
• Experience optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
• Writing clean and maintainable code
• Experience writing and automating unit and integration tests
• Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, GoCD or CircleCi
• Experience with code versioning tools like GIT, SVN
• Enthusiastic and professional about building a maintainable product and supporting it
• Ability to develop other engineers by mentoring, pair programming or code reviews
• Ability to communicate with product owners and peers within the team and the wider business
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 784728-2028
Advertised: 16 Sep 2022