Head of Programme – Opera
- Would you like to deliver one of the largest transformation programmes in Whitbread’s 280-year history?
- Would you like to deliver a cloud transformation programme that replaces a property management system which handles £billions in transactions for millions of customers, and allows our 30,000 colleagues to operate more effectively?
- Are you an experienced Programme leader, comfortable with managing large matrix teams?
About the role:
- Leadership role with accountability for the successful delivery, to time and budget of large and complex IT implementation programme. This includes implementation of new Property Management System and in future implementation of new greenfield restaurants management system.
- Definition and delivery of large and/or complex programmes and/or a collection of related projects to enable defined business outcomes and related business benefits for the WHB UK Hotel and Restaurant business
- Regular ExCo level stakeholder management to report on progress, risks and issues. The role may also be required to represent programme at PLC Board when reporting key programme progress
- Management and execution of all project deliveries within approved project budgets (£10M +)
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver the programme ( or portfolio of related projects) within time and budget tolerances
- Provide strategic thought leadership to best delivery practice
- Direct, steer and influence programmes with effective engagement with senior stakeholders and 3rd parties
- Full accountability for programme delivery scope across the major initiative.
- Drive the definition of business case
- Monitor overall benefits tracking and report back performance against benefits post initial deployment prior to handover to service
- Drive communities of practice across programmes of work
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with Strategy and Architecture, Service and Security teams
- Ensure commercial arrangements with partners are set effectively and are competitive
- People manage direct reports
- Assure programme transition successfully from delivery into managed support/service
- Manage, direct and motivate key IT resources (project managers, solution architects, business analysts, testing resources) and other key resources across the technology function in a matrix style organisational structure
What we’d like you to have:
- Deep programme management background with more than 10 years programme and project management
- Experience in a leadership role within an IT function
- Experience of C-level stakeholder management
- Experience of delivering enterprise change programmes in a complex corporate environment
- Multi-year experience of Supplier Management, RFI and RFP processes
- Demonstrable experience of delivering multiple large technology integration projects from concept through to operational use
- Proven experience of directing and motivating project teams in complex matrix management environments
- Strong understanding of Enterprise software and smaller-scale SaaS/software products
- Strong understanding of the underlying business processes required to trade, operate and support a Hotel business or equivalent business
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 780652-1629
Advertised: 04 Aug 2022