Infrastructure Cloud Engineer
Infrastructure Cloud Engineer | Dunstable | Permanent
With a recent move to Office 365 and a planned move into Azure, the Platform Services Team now requires a team of dedicated cloud engineers to help develop, manage and maintain the Azure platform.
About the role:
The Platform Services Engineer (Cloud) will contribute towards the development of the cloud framework and will be responsible for the continued management and support of the Azure platform.
The role holder will be responsible for the deployment of Azure Infrastructure components and will have demonstrable experience in designing, building and deploying solutions using a variety of technologies, such as ARM, Powershell and Azure DevOps.
The Cloud Engineer will use their technical knowledge to maintain and monitor the underlying platform, ensuring it remains performant and available in line with business requirements, suggesting improvements and contributing towards project delivery. Forming strong business relationships, the role will translate between technical and non-technical colleagues. Gathering requirements and forming technical solutions and processes.
What you’ll be doing:
Be part of the Azure SME team, feeding into the cloud governance model and defining future ways of working within our Azure platform.
Design, build and deploy required infrastructure components into Azure
Proactively look for opportunities to move workloads from the traditional datacentres into cloud
Define and evolve the CI/CD pipeline
Ensure our cloud platforms are maintained and monitored, remains complaint and adheres to our security policies and standards
Interface with the business, building strong relationships to ensure that translate business requirements into technical solutions that align to the Cloud roadmap
Ensure that all platforms remain performant in line with business requirements and have enough capacity to deliver the underlying service now and for the future
- Perform adequate DR and Failover tests in line with the business RPO and RTO Facilitate the delivery of project work according to business need Highlight opportunities to improve/evolve technology platforms to the benefit of the business Assist with testing and validation of changes and/or deployments where necessary
What you’ll need:
- Expert knowledge of the Azure platform, including deployment methodologies and best practices
- Strong knowledge of scripting and automation technologies such as ARM, Powershell and Azure DevOps
- Good Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of the latest industry trends / standards / tools / technologies for cloud infrastructure
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to diagnose and resolve complicated technical issues
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management/executives
- Strong Experience with cloud technologies, including designing, building and deploying solutions into Azure
- Experience in migrating workloads from traditional on-premise environments to cloud
- Comprehensive experience of Microsoft Server platforms
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
21 Feb 2022