Business Analyst | Dunstable | Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to come and help deliver some game changing technology projects across Whitbread. Are you experienced at running workshops? Do you have a keen eye for detail? If so, this might be the role for you!
We’re the UK’s biggest hospitality company, proud to own Premier Inn and some of the UK’s most well-known restaurants. We employ around 35000 people, serving around 5 million customers every month across our 1,200+ hotels and restaurants in the UK. We currently operate 29 hotels in Germany and have ambitious plans for rapid expansion in this market. Whitbread has gained market share in the UK and continued to expand in Germany inspite of the challenging conditions created by the global pandemic. With the vaccination programme underway we are now looking forward to our market recovering over the coming year and beyond.
Behind the brands is a technology function that helps to create our leading customer experience. We’ve invested £150m in technology over the last 3 years, to provide the foundations for capabilities to help us win in our markets both in the UK and internationally. This level of investment is set to accelerate in 2021/22 with significant change programmes in our Commercial, International and Infrastructure technology platforms.
Trend-bucking growth. An increasingly global profile. The huge popularity of our brands. Make no mistake, our business is thriving, and with further expansion planned, the future promises to be even more exciting. As we continue to develop and grow, this is your chance to be part of our story.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
About the Senior Business Analyst role:
- You will be working on a variety of projects from small scale quick wins to multi-million pound strategic projects across Premier Inn and Restaurants
- You will be part of Analysis Practise which includes both Business Analysts and Solution Architects
What you’ll need for this role:
- Excellent knowledge of techniques for capturing and modelling requirements including documenting user stories, and use case and data modelling
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills, covering As-Is and To-Be Processes, Business Requirements Documents and test plans;
- Experience in managing relationships between external partners and business stakeholders;
- The ability to effectively engage all levels of internal stakeholder, from users to directors;
- Exceptional communication & influencing skills with a strong customer focus;
- Proven experience of successfully facilitating workshops with business leads and external vendors, with the confidence to challenge;
- Track record of managing and contributing to multiple IT projects, simultaneously, and an ability to prioritise workload;
- Experience of the end-to-end project lifecycle, including Business Acceptance Testing phases and handover to support;
- Exposure to a variety of development methodologies and techniques, both Waterfall and Agile;
- Effective at working as part of a multi-disciplined project team;
- Ability to focus on individual tasks, but with the confidence to ask for help when required.
What Whitbread can give you:
- Competitive salary and generous bonus scheme (up to 30%):
- 25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays (option to buy additional week),
- Private healthcare (family cover),
- Pension scheme (matched up to 10%),
- Whitbread Sharesave Scheme,
- Whitbread Privilege Card and a wide range of discounts.
- Career development opportunities;
- Opportunity to be involved in strategic programmes of work from inception to implementation;
- Opportunity to be part of a thriving community of Business Analysts and Data Analysts;
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
14 Jan 2021