We have an exciting opportunity for a Performance Test Lead to join our digital hub within Whitbread. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining the performance automation framework, line ma...
Role: Performance Test Lead
Function: Group Operations/IT
Location: Holborn, London (Hybrid working with coming into office twice a week)
Employment Type: Full-Time & Permanent
Salary: Competitive plus bonus and other benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a Performance Test Lead to join our digital hub within Whitbread. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining the performance automation framework, line managing, coaching and mentoring a small team, defect tracking, testing reporting and ensuring agile test automation principles are followed.
What you will be doing
- Leads the Performance testing across all the Digital teams.
- Defines the performance automation standards within product area, methodologies, toolsets, technologies and ultimately ways of working for the team.
- Works closely with Agile Test Manager, Senior/Developers in Test, DTL’s and Product Owner’s on a daily basis to understand functional requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure the build of quality products.
- Acts as the champion of Test Driven Development (TDD) and automated testing to improve efficiencies
- Supports the development of Whitbread’s standards / tools / techniques for Agile testing.
- Employs automated testing techniques, particularly to support regression testing across all product platforms.
- Keeps up to date on the latest industry trends and openly shares thoughts amongst Testing Centre of Excellence on standards / tools / technologies / trends for automated testing.
- Works closely with the scrum team, particularly Dev Ops and the Developers for CI, to ensure that quality code can be released into live on a regular cycle.
What we are looking for
- Solid experience of implementing performance testing frameworks (Loadrunner, Opensource Tools, JMeter, Multi-Mechanize or Grinder)
- Background in Java development
- Test Lead experience of line management, mentoring, coaching and HR support of a small team (2-4 people)
- Strong Agile testing experience (Scrum/Kanban)
- Professionally recognised testing certification
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Good experience of Continuous Integration (CI), i.e. Jenkins, Maven
- Good experience of JIRA/Confluence/Zephyr/GitHub/Slack
- Strong stakeholder management skills, particularly working closely with the Product Owner and Development team
n return, we will offer you:
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Up to Family Cover BUPA healthcare
- Up to a 30% Company Performance Based Bonus
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany, and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead, and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas, and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
20 Jun 2022