Whitbread is going through a real step-change in their resourcing approach. We’ve taken the strategic view to build out a brand-new team to support hourly paid hiring for team members across our 1,200 sites.
If you fancy a greenfield challenge, this is the role for you! Have you ever wanted to drive a real step-change about how recruitment is done at scale? Would you like to own the delivery of hiring circa 19,000 roles per year? Have you got experience of creating and implementing hiring manager capabilities at scale? Is great candidate experience at the forefront of your strategy? If yes, then we’d love to hear from you!
About the role:
You will lead the core operational resourcing delivery team to deliver an effective resourcing service for all hourly paid roles in line with agreed processes and SLAs, resulting in the quick filling of vacancies, a great candidate experience and Line Manager satisfaction.
To ensure the creation, development, implementation and adoption of hiring manager tools, toolkits and training, that support effective hiring processes of our hourly paid team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Using a hiring forecast, accurately plan and allocate resources to regions with highest need.
- Partner with Regional Managers and Operations Directors to ensure hourly paid recruitment services are understood well and adopted.
- Bring thought leadership and future strategy on our hourly paid hiring processes, ensure we continue to evolve to meet our current and future hiring needs, and the changing labour market.
- Through the team of Resourcing Co-ordinators, ensure all new vacancies are created and advertised in Recruitment Online in line with agreed SLA. Maintain daily reporting and monitoring processes to validate that all requested work is completed.
- Maintain daily reporting and monitoring processes to ensure vacancies with sufficient applications are closed, and vacancies without sufficient applications are escalated to the Talent Attraction Manager.
- Through the team of resourcing co-ordinators, ensure all offer requests are processed quickly, accurately and in line with agreed SLA.
- Ensure the appropriate screening criteria is agreed and mutually understood between hiring managers and the resourcing team.
- Ensure all hourly paid recruitment processes are supported through market-leading tools, toolkits, systems and training. With Team Member Process Optimisation lead, partner with ROMs and ODs to develop, implement and embed across attraction (eg local recruitment toolkits), selection (eg interview frameworks and toolkits), capability (eg training and education programmes and content) and onboarding (eg materials and content of offer packs).
We’re open to you:
- Proven experience in resourcing delivery in a high volume entry level hiring environment, including delivery of performance improvements.
- Leadership and development of a large team.
- Experience in business partnering a range of HR and Line Manager stakeholder groups to deliver resourcing strategy.
- Ability to influence and connect with a diverse range of people.
- Recruitment delivery skills – ability to use a range of methods and capabilities to fill vacancies quickly.
- Ability to interpret high volume data into insights and then practical actions.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 757855-1629
Advertised: 30 Mar 2022