Role: Environments Manager Hotel Systems
Function: Group Operations/IT
Location: Dunstable, Bedfordshire (Hybrid working)
Employment Type: Full-Time & Permanent
Internal Grade: B17
Salary: Competitive plus bonus and other benefits.
The Environment Manager is responsible for management, governance, strategy, delivery, and administration of the Opera SAAS environments and associated platforms.
The role holder is part of the team that has specific responsibility for ensuring the infrastructure across the different platforms and interfaces is robust and performant, maintained correctly and supports long term growth strategies and regulates demand of the systems to cost and consumer satisfaction. This means major systems even where managed by third parties are fit for business use and help support the most critical systems in the Whitbread portfolio.
What you’ll be doing:
- Accountable for the live (BAU) Oracle cloud technical estate, middleware, reporting and integrations solutions.
- Owns the definition of KPIs to monitor and improve environment performance, availability, and utilisation.
- Virtual team including the Hotel Platform Systems team and third-party suppliers to ensure the stable and performant operation and maintenance of integrated landscape.
- Is accountable for (via third party agreements) all Hotel systems Public/Private Cloud landscapes and associated integrations, middleware, and reporting.
- Creates the strategy for the landscape to ensure the product set remains in full support and accommodates change to meet our strategic and everyday business needs.
- Takes responsibility for investigative technical work to assist in escalated incident and problem resolution and uses expertise to offer solution options and recommendations and to direct third parties in their investigations
- Trouble shoots technical related issues encountered during development or deployment.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and techniques in the Public/Private Cloud management and actively promotes improvements to our tools and processes.
What you’ll need:
- Proven experience in supporting Oracle applications (such as HFM, OBIEE, E-Business Suite).
- Proven experience reviewing Patch / Upgrade release notes and technical change action plans.
- Experience in managing external IT service providers.
- Oracle Public/private cloud technical architectures.
- Understand a ‘release manager’ process, delivery manager knowledge.
- Demonstrable, strong working knowledge of ITIL Service Management framework and process areas.
- Relevant systems knowledge (finance systems, procurement systems, integrations, reporting and middleware environments).
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management/executives.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people to enhance understanding and drive to decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Experience in working with two or more of the following: Oracle, Opera, AWS, Azure.
- Experience supporting Hotel Systems.
- Experience in hospitality industry
In return, we will offer you:
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Up to Family Cover BUPA healthcare
- Up to a 30% Company Performance Based Bonus
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany, and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead, and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas, and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQ+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ref: 755702-1629
Advertised: 02 Aug 2022