We have an exciting opportunity for a UI Designer to join our Digital hub based in London. The role will be working across our Mobile App and PremierInn.com website, which handles nearly £1.5billion worth of transactions a year.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide. Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 750 hotels and over 70,000 rooms across the UK, Germany and the Middle East. We are also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater, Brewers Fayre and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub.
What you will be doing
- Working on our main products, owning your work stream, working and building towards our design system and pattern libraries.
- Work closely with Product Owners, Developers and other key teams.
- Be comfortable working to a design system to ensure we make the most of the design tools, components and assets available, while creating new user-centred design solutions.
- Act as brand guardian, actively driving consistency and accessibility standards across all of our digital touchpoints.
- Have a great eye for detail and are able to communicate clearly and translate ideas to stakeholders and team members alike. Importantly, you are skilled with a range of visual outputs from sketches to polished designs and interaction and motion/animation.
- Be confident working within a cross-functional team and will demonstrate experience of both designing and delivering digital products within a delivery team, at pace, using Lean, Agile and design methodologies.
What we are looking for
- Knowledgeable in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision Studio
- An understanding of grid systems and layouts
- A portfolio with UI and interaction design works, mobile and desktop apps
- Enjoys working as part of a team, you naturally connect with colleagues
- Familiar with Zeplin, Slack, Jira, Confluence
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.