Business Transformation Lead
The Business Transformation Lead will play a lead role in the definition of proposition and process across Whitbread’s hotel business, considering all relevant functional areas and potential solutions. The core focus will initially be on the Premier Inn booking/reservation and property management solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Gain deep understanding of relevant areas of Premier Inn strategy, business objectives and requirements, with a focus on proposition, customer experience and commercial objectives
- Understand (or gains understanding of) the main elements of the current proposition, including processes, commercial and cost model, underlying solutions and supporting teams / processes
- Understand business drivers, required outcomes, priorities and relative value through engagement with the leadership team and related analysis
- Work with function heads and product owners to secure input for both current state and future proposition requirements
- Lead workshops with key cross functional stakeholders through to director level to both gain understanding of needs and drive new thinking
- Ensures current to-be processes and proposition are fully documented and understood
- Translates processes and customer touchpoints into a clear representation of the proposition and customer journey.
- Work with function heads, product owners and BAs to support broader and deeper definition of business needs.
- Draw on business analysts for functional and non-functional requirements and enterprise architecture for understanding of, and opportunities from, target business and technology architecture
- Manage Process Analysts to support current / future process definition work, including process and service design, where required
- Prepare proposals for new / enhanced propositions and simplified processes, with supporting justification to address specific business problems and/or required business outcomes
- Link proposals back to business strategy and target business outcomes
- Challenge the status quo, bring in new thinking; applies lean six sigma principles
- Carry out external / internal analysis to understand needs, competitor activity, etc and draws on/commissions appropriate research and data (e.g. customer insight, commercial analysis)
- Support evaluation of options and recommendations, e.g review of potential solutions.
- Prepare simple revenue / cost models and related business cases, where required. Provide clarity on the benefits.
- Ensure end to end operating model and all cross functional areas are considered, in conjunction with the Operations Development function.
What we’d like you to have:
- Significant experience at working with leadership stakeholders in a similar role
- Experience with benefits analysis and cost modelling
- Experience of transformation and business simplification definition
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Influencing skills
- Effective working in a matrix organisation with the ability to build strong relationships
- Proposition development / process transformation skills
- Effective data analysis skills
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.