We have a fantastic opportunity to join Whitbread as a Microsoft Office 365 Engineer, based at our head office in Dunstable. You will provide technical design expertise, assurance and support throughout the IT project lifecycle on Office 365 products
We’re the UK’s biggest hospitality company, proud to own Premier Inn and some of the UK’s most well-known restaurants. Behind the brands is a technology function that helps to create our leading customer experience. We’ve invested £150m in technology over the last 3 years, to provide the foundations for capabilities to help us win in our markets both in the UK and internationally. There has never been a more exciting time to join….
What you will be doing
- Provide critical subject matter expertise in one or more components of a shared technology platform.
- Work with the rest of the Platform Architecture & Engineering team to govern the lifecycle of one or more of Whitbread’s shared technology/infrastructure platforms.
- Be the Whitbread subject matter expert for one or more relevant technology platform components.
- Provide Technical Design Architecture & Engineering oversight to Programmes, Projects and IT operations.
- Work with partners to assure detailed level designs and/or change requests meet the required standard.
- Plan, document and implement small changes where appropriate.
- Provide detailed review of upcoming patches and major platform/component feature updates.
- Provide technology engineering resource in conjunction with Whitbread partners to relevant projects, delivering a ‘one team’ approach to technology delivery.
- Provide 3rd line support to major incidents.
- Support and where relevant, manage third party suppliers throughout the project lifecycle
- Work with the Platform Owner, Whitbread's Project managers & IT partners to provide central technology governance across projects within the IT estate.
What we are looking for
- Subject matter expertise in Office 365 including; Exchange, Skype, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Planner & PowerBi
- Good exposure to technologies such as; Microsoft Enterprise Mobility & Security Suite, Microsoft Identity Manager, Intune Application Management & Azure Active Directory
- Solid Technical Design & Engineering experience
- Proven experience of working with IT suppliers in an outsourced environment
- Demonstrable ability to engage with vendors and review technical proposals from a subject matter expertise angle to ensure technical solutions meet Whitbread's requirements
- Good communication skills, both written & verbal
- Strong knowledge of ITIL
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.